Sunday 7 August 2011

TOKYO DISNEY RESORT A-Z MEME!

Hi Disney Guys and Gals!

Excuse the crappy banner, kay?
I saw a few blogs doing an A-Z of Disney-related fun, so I thought I'd do an A-Z of TDR!
So let's start with A today!
Click "read more" for more!
A is for....
AQUASPHERE!
Photo from the wiki
That's right, the amazing Aquasphere that is inside the entrance plaza of Tokyo Disney Sea. I absolutely adore this thing! I've taken a few photos of the sphere but this is my favourite as it is my very first visit to TDS and my first look at the AS!
Yes I am wearing Pluto ears. sssh! Taken in September 2009.

The AS is a free floating globe over which water pours and slowly rotates the globe. Occasionally the water leaps up and splashes out. Its pretty awesome. You can even meet characters there on a daily basis. The characters are; Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto! They even wear adorable "TDS" exclusive costumes..

Costumes the characters wear taken from a postcard I sent a friend.

Meet n Greet times for August 2011 from Official Site.

Meeting Pluto by the Aquasphere in the Plaza July 2010.
It even has it's own music that changes from day to night! It reminds me of meeting my fiance after a long day of difficult Japanese classes and letting my hair down at TDS.
A YT video with the music from the daytime. I prefer the night version..!
My much-loved night version!

I love the Aquasphere and miss it so much! :(

Tune in soon for B!

1 comment:

  1. I've been posting A-Z on my Disney Blog too. I started on "H" and just recently posted for "Z". I'm working on "A" for the upcoming week.

    Thank you for introducing me to Aquasphere. I can't wait to learn more about TDR from your blog. Nice meeting you here!

    ReplyDelete